New Askar


Askar camp was first established in 1950, on the outskirts of the Nablus municipality in the northern West Bank. Significant Jewish immigration to Israel between 1950 and 1960 forced many Palestinians to leave their land and move to camps in the West Bank and Gaza. Askar experienced a rapid population increase, which led to a region-wide shortage of space, resources, and aid that was especially severe in the camp. As a result, thousands of Palestinian refugees started settling down in an area one kilometer away from Askar, which soon became known as “New Askar.” To read the full article, click here.


© 2017 AL NOOR